Friday, October 02, 2009

Weight Loss Challenge - arrivaderla!

My book is done! It has been sent to New York!

And I have the extra poundage to prove it!

See, it was too short, so I had to do another draft (making a grand total of 6). And when that happens? I reward myself with coke and chocolate. Worse, I don't take time to exercise. I managed only 1/2 hr. on the treadmill, in total, this week.

So it was no surprise to me that this morning, the scale read 136.0. Oh oh.

We leave on our tour of Italy tomorrow and I really don't know what to expect, weight-wise. There will be gelato, but there will also be much walking around. I'm especially looking forward to hiking up to Tiberius's villa on Capri. So I may stay the same, I may gain, or I may lose. We'll see when I return in two weeks.

One thing's for sure - I'm not going to give my weight a moment's thought. I'm going to enjoy myself. It's been a hectic, busy, stressful, weird year so far, and I need the holiday, from work, from the computer, from "real life." We're also going because my husband and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary this year. I think that warrants a gondola ride.

In the meantime, I've scheduled blogs to appear while we're gone. Now it's time to pack!

Until later, when I should have some stories to tell and pictures to show.

3 comments:

Kate Bridges said...

Have a fantastic time in Italy, Margaret! Congratulations on the 30 years! We'll be waiting for an update on all the wonderful sights and tastes you enjoyed while away.

Anonymous said...

Hi. Lucky and I have walked every day this week except yesterday. I had to make a 50 mile round trip, driving on the interstate, and I figured that would give my heart enough of a workout, what with contruction zones and maniacal drivers. I really think it is the law here in Texas that if your vehicle is larger and/or more expensive than the other person's, you have the right to run them off the road.

Congratulations on making 30 years together. Two autistic kids, 3 dogs, and I don't remember how many cats later, my husband and I will make 18 years in November, if we survive that long.

Don't forget to have some fun for me while you're over there, and have a safe trip.

Rosemary

Caroline said...

Have a great holiday. Going to buy your latest HM&B (Super) Historical which is out in the shops here in the UK at the moment. And congratulations on celebrating your 39th wedding anniversary. Take care. Caroline x