Monday, October 12, 2009

More Thanksgiving treats

And really, what would Thanksgiving be without sweet desserts? I know pumpkin pie is traditional, but if you're like me, a pumpkin pie may be easy to assemble, but it seems to take forever to bake.

So, instead, I offer what may be the easiest cheesecake recipe in the world. It's even easier if you use a store-bought graham cracker crust.

You will need:
a graham cracker pie shell, baked and cooled
8 oz. cream cheese (light will work)
1 cup icing sugar
1 envelope Dream Whip
1 tin cherry pie filling (I see no reason you couldn't use blueberry, if you want to try something different.)

1. Cream together cream cheese and icing sugar.
2. Prepare Dream Whip as per package instructions and fold into cheese mixture.
3. Put filling into cool crust.
4. Spread cherry pie filling on top. Chill.

Speaking of treats, I wonder how much gelato I'll have eaten by this stage of our Italian Adventure?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, for years I made cheescake for Thanksgiving. I am one of those weirdos who doen't like pumpkin pie. Now I make apple pie.

To make the filling, I cut the apples in half, core them and cut them into real thin slices. I flavor them with the usual sugar and cinnamon, and also cloves and nutmeg, and then pack them into the bottom crust. You get a solid layer of apples that way.

I made a pie just yesterday. Even the crust turned out pretty good.
I usually use store-bought crust, but forgot to get it, so I had to make my own.

Rosemary