Friday, October 09, 2009

Blog of a BobbleBoss

You know, there are days I really miss working in an office. Perhaps not so much as when my kids were babies. Then, there were days I would have sold my soul for a simple coffee break. Just think, fifteen whole minutes to drink a cup of coffee!

Now, I spend a lot of time alone. Most of the time, I don't mind. I enjoy quiet and I was never into group work. In fact, I loathed and despised it, because it always seemed that the people who got the work done were penalized by having to work with people who didn't care whether it got done, or how well. Yep, still on the bitter buss about that!

Nevertheless, there are days when I think it would be so much fun to have folks to chat with and do things like this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I spent eight years as a front end cashier for WalMart (AKA "The Great Satan" at our house), and never thought I'd miss it when I quit. There are days however, like when my son won't stop screaming and throwing things no matter what you do, that Walmart looks pretty good.

Most times, however, I am soooooo glad not to have to put up with all the idiots who shop there. I absolutely hated working the express lanes, because people either can't count, can't read, or plain don't care that the have over 50 items in a 20 item or less line.

Then there was the woman who told me that we should open more registers. The only problem was that we had all 32 open. I could go on, and on, and on, and on.

I alway said that if we are truly judged by a jury of our peers, the jury would all be WalMart cashiers, and it would be ruled justifiable homicide if any of us killed a customer.

There were a few customers I actually liked a lot, and I do miss talking with them. I also miss some of my co-workers, but I rarely go back to shop there. Please note the reference to "The Great Satan" earlier.

Rosemary

Kimber Chin said...

LOL Rosemary.
Have you visited the
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
site?
People ARE insane.
Which makes writing easier
'cause when my editor says
'a normal person wouldn't do this',
I ask her to find me a normal person
to ask.
That usually ends that debate.

BTW Margaret, coffee breaks don't happen much anymore. Downsizing, you know. That's one of the things that got the axe.