Thursday, October 09, 2008

It must be fall...

because I have been overcome by the need to knit. This generally happens when the days shorten and get cooler, and usually I have a project I've been working on for years that I haul out and work on a bit more to satisfy that urge.

So yesterday, I got out my knitting basket and discovered that -- lo and behold! -- I'd finished the scarf I'd been making for a couple of years with yarn left over from an afghan I crocheted even more years ago.

So today, I walked to the mall (only about 8,500 steps -- not as far as I thought!) and got some more wool and a couple of a patterns and a new pair of knitting needles.

Here's hoping I finish the hat before the intended recipient, now a toddler, is through high school....

3 comments:

penney said...

That's a beautiful picture Margaret, I too love knitting I have a scarf I been working on so need to finish it.
hugs
Penney

Maureen McGowan said...

LOL

I go though real bursts of knitting, too. Although, oddly, I haven't done as much knitting since I started to write...

Margaret Moore said...

Oh, I know exactly what you mean, Maureen! I used to do a lot of sewing and crafts -- my sister and I even had a Christmas craft show every year -- but since I sold my first book? I've hardly sewn anything, except Hallowe'en costumes for the kids and the occasional conference outfit.

Good luck with the scarf, Penney. I must say, knitting for kids makes it a lot easier to finish a project! I've already nearly finished the hat I started yesterday.