Thursday, October 30, 2008

Holiday Fun!

I whine and moan about the clocks going back every year. I hate it. I think that may be one of the legacies I leave my kids -- for the rest of their lives, when it's time to change the clocks to or from Daylight Savings Time, they will think of me either joyful or sad, depending, the same way I think of my Grandma Moore every time I see a pumpkin pie. She always made a pumpkin pie when we went to visit, whatever the time of year.

Since the clocks are due to turn back, I'm in serious need of cheering up and Kimber over at the Writer's Vineyard has come up a humdinger of a happy -- one that will last for two months, from the first of November until after Christmas, featuring excerpts and give-aways. Now that's what I call a party!

My excerpt is from what I consider the best novella I've written (so far!), "Comfort and Joy," in THE CHRISTMAS VISIT. It's delightful to think even this much of the story will be available again (on November 12).

ETA: The excerpt on my site is not the same one that will appear at The Writers Vineyard.

1 comment:

Kimber Chin said...

I LOVED Comfort And Joy.
That story alone was well worth the price of the anthology.

Thanks for the shout out!

I do enjoy my holiday reads
and it was fun to get excerpts from all my faves
together in one spot.