Friday, October 31, 2008

Hallowe'en Weigh In...Booooo!

Alas, I didn't make my goal weight for October 31 (140 lbs), although I'm going to weigh myself this afternoon to see if it's better than...sigh...143.2.

However, this just goes to show how things are relative, because two months ago, I would have been thrilled to see that number on the scale.

And -- shame on me! -- I did get into the candy last night. But only two pieces and I've gotta say, those little chocolate bars are shrinking so much every year, one Hallowe'en I expect to find an O'Henry consists of one chocolate-covered peanut.

As disappointed as I am, I'm going to keep up with the walking, although I get why people who are trying to lose weight give up when they hit a plateau. It's distressing to put in the effort and see so little change. But hey, it's going to be a lovely, warm day and next week looks promising, and I find I often need to stop and think about what's going on with the book after the morning's work, so...all in all, there are benefits besides weight loss to the daily walk.

This week's walk count:
Oct. 24 - 11,343 (I also raked leaves.)
Oct. 25 - 13,037
Oct. 26 - 12,529 (actually, this day I weighed in at 142.8, and after breakfast, too!)
Oct. 27 - 11,847
Oct. 28 - 12,311
Oct. 29 - 12,723
Oct. 30 - 12,724 (yes, only one step difference, although I went on two very different walks)

Alas, I also didn't make my writing goal for the month (ahem), so I may not be blogging as much in the next six weeks. I will, however, be keeping up with the monthly Weight Loss Challenge report. For one thing, it's an extra incentive, and I'm thinking you can never have too much of that!

ETA: After my walk and raking of leaves, the scale says 142.6. So yeah! Not my goal, but I haven't been this light in a couple of years, so...I'm having some Reese's Pieces. Without guilt. While revising what's now Chapter Ten.

No comments: