Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Did you catch Oprah today????


I don't usually watch Oprah, but I did today and whooo hooo! Had to blog about it. About as much of an endorsement of romance novels as we're ever going to get on Oprah. The guest, Dr. Christiane Northrup, suggested them as pre-bedtime reading, whether for relaxing or, ahem, revving up, noting there was a reason they sold so well.

Now, I don't personally think of the latter as a reason people read my books. Mine are simply not that focused on physical intimacy, although, since we are talking loving relationships, I don't generally close the bedroom door. I have, though, in three of my Victorian Harlequin Historicals (THE WASTREL, THE DARK DUKE and THE ROGUE'S RETURN. It didn't seem right to have a consummation scene in those books, so I didn't, and the editors had no problem with it.

If somebody does find my books a little, ahem, stimulating, that's fine. And if they find them relaxing, that's fine, too -- as long as they aren't falling asleep 'cause they're bored!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awesome!! Sad that our genre needs the validation, but I'm glad to see it happening. :)

Margaret Moore said...

I was dying to know what Oprah was thinking at those moments. :-)

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO since Oprah has notoriously dumped on these books in the past!