Friday, July 20, 2007

They wuz robbed!

So the nominations for the Emmy Awards have been announced, and my reaction, apart from realizing how little original TV drama I watch, was -- what the heck?

First, while I applaud the nomination of Steve Carell, Rainn Wilson and Jenna Fischer for The Office, John Krasinski wuz robbed. In fact, everybody from the cast who wasn't nominated was robbed. That is one fine, fine ensemble show.

Ethan Suplee (Randy) and Eddie Steeples (Darnell) from My Name is Earl were robbed. Ethan more than Eddie, although both are superb.

But the most glaring omission of all? Survivor. Although I love The Amazing Race, how can they not nominate Survivor after the seasons of Yul and Yau-Man? Those seasons had us literally on the edge of our seats in a way no other reality show -- and only Heroes -- had.

They wuz robbed, I tells ya! Robbed! I'm gonna boycott the...oh, who am I kidding? I'll be watching come awards night. but no doubt muttering darkly several times.

No comments: