Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Snip, snip here, snip, snip, there...

I'm on Chapter 15 of the read-through of the first draft of the revised manuscript of KNAVE'S HONOR. So far, so good. Nothing to make me go, "AHHHHHH!"

Once again, I'm shocked at the number of typos I'm finding. My only excuse is that it's more difficult to proofread your own work because you know what you wanted to say, so that's what you see.

I'm managed to make some cuts, too, which is good. I got to one short scene and thought, "Why is this necessary?" I cut most of it because I had no good answer to that question.

However, there were two "nuggets" in that scene -- bits of information that were important. They just weren't important enough to warrant a whole scene. I was able to move those elsewhere without a lot of trouble.

I'm getting into the more revised areas of the manuscript now, so it's slower going.

But as long as I don't cry, "AHHHHH!" at any point, I'll be happy! And the revision will be (nearly) done.

No comments: