Sunday, November 05, 2006

I love libraries!

It occurred to me the other day, as I was walking out of the library, that I still get a huge thrill out of simply going to the library. I feel like a kid in the candy store. So many books! And it's all free! My heart beats a little faster, and I'm totally smiling inside. Perhaps not surprising for somebody who was called (affectionately) "little bookworm" by her Grade Two teacher.

I love walking down the rows and seeing if anything "jumps out at me."

I love opening hardcover books and holding them in my hand. I still get a "wow, I feel like a grown-up" kinda thrill. And I'm a few years past 21.

I love the smell of books from the library.

I love the crinkle of the plastic covers on the library books.

I love getting into bed, all cozy and warm, with my hot milk on the side table, and reading a library book.

The first time I saw one of my books in the local library, it was both exciting and strange. I couldn't quite wrap my head around it, in fact. There was my book.

In the library!!!

It was just so...NEAT!

No comments: