Good thing I split the starter between two containers this time, or it would have been the blob on the counter again. My recipe says to have at least a quart-size container. I don't know what kind of giant quarts they're referring to, because I needed more than three quarts. It rises, you see, and then contracts, but it would have been all over before it contracted had I put it in even the 64 oz. crock.
In other news, I've decided to go internet-free on the weekends for a while. It was just so liberating to be unconnected. I may check my email for messages, but that's it.
I'll still be doing my own unofficial NaNo and will note the new totals on Monday.