Monday, January 12, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire - SEE IT

We saw an absolutely fantastic movie this weekend, Slumdog Millionaire. Set in India, it's simply...well, amazing. Great romantic story, interesting characters, well-made, wonderfully acted, funny, tender, exciting, suspenseful, and although it doesn't pull any punches about life in modern India (I had to look away at one point), uplifting and truly one of the best films I've ever seen.

I don't want to spoil anybody's enjoyment, so I'm giving no details of the plot. If you want to know more, check out the The Internet Movie Database. Then go see it.

3 comments:

Maureen McGowan said...

Wasn't it great!

I saw the screening at the Film Festival and the crowd went nuts.

I loved the structure of the film...

I blogged about it here.

Susan Anne Mason said...

Interesting, Margaret. I'd never heard of this movie until last night watching the Golden Globe Awards and it won best picture!

One of those sleeper films. Will have to try and see it.

Anonymous said...

Proud that the film is made on a story from India but still all the poverty shown is not true of how this country is.