Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Stress levels, they are a-climbin' --

Not that my stress levels are anywhere near "explosive", but I can feel the muscles knotting. As the Published Author Liaison for the Toronto Romance Writers, I'm in the midst of trying to organize a booksigning for Feb. I've hit some snags there. Not unexpected, but frustrating nonetheless. I'm also revising that synopsis, and getting progressively more anxious about the book I submitted in December. I know full well my editor cannot simply drop what she's doing to read my work, yet the last time it took her this long to read a manuscript, I wound up doing a huge revision, so...tension is starting to mount. Tension in books is the engine that drives the story. It's necessary. It's vital. It's something to strive for.

In real life, not so much.

At least I have a new episode of Lost to look forward to!

No comments: