Monday, June 26, 2006

Smooth as a tall glass of cold milk....or so I hope...

So once again I'm reading MY LORD'S DESIRE. What is this...fifty times? A hundred for some parts? Whatever. It must be done, because I've added and revised and I have to make sure the new or rearranged parts are indistinguishable from the "old parts." It should sound as if I just sat down and typed the book in one sitting, straight from the muse to my fingertips. Smooth as a tall glass of cold milk.

Which is why, I suppose, most people assume that writing is easy. If I've done my job properly, that is how it should sound, at least as far as I'm concerned. I don't write to draw attention to my voice or my style. I want the focus on the characters and story, not me. That's why I'll probably never be known as a great prose stylist. I can certainly live with that.

In other news, I got my author copies of HERS TO DESIRE, which will be out next month! There's another picture of the couple inside the cover, in a more intimate setting, that I love. I'll be posting it here and on my site in the next couple of days.

And since romance cover art seems to be the blog subject du jour, I'll be adding my two cents to the discussion. Believe you me, I do have an opinion about that.

No comments: