Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Donald has lost me....

Ah, it was fun while it lasted, Mr. Trump, but alas, The Apprentice is pretty much done for me. I had to be reminded the final episode was on this week, whereas the first season? Oh, my! My daughter and I were totally hooked. I knew just how serious it was when, as we were discussing the show, I actually said something about "Mr. Trump." Not The Donald. Not The Hair. But "Mr. Trump," as if he were my boss. The bloom is off the rose because it's become all about marketing. A little of that goes a loooong way with me. With The Amazing Race, you've always got new locations to liven things up and keep it fresh, as well as the teams. Well, not so much the Family Edition -- and those of us who are fans know how that went over....

But it's just as well there's nothing much on TV these days. I've got "real" work to do -- on my book, on my garden and on the house, because I'm having The Family for Father's Day.

Speaking of my dad, here's something I think's kinda cool: when my son crosses the platform at his graduation from university this month, he'll be the third generation to walk that very same platform to get his degree -- my father graduated from the same university 55 years ago, then so did I.

No comments: