Friday, February 24, 2006

Writing with a head cold

This is one of those times I wish I had a "regular" job -- you know, the kind where you can phone in sick and take a couple of days off and your co-workers would cover for you? Because I have got a humdinger of a head cold that seems to be traveling around various areas of my body (chest, throat, sinuses, nose) rather than, you know, going away. Unfortunately, I'm self-employed. There's nobody to "pick up the slack." It's all me, baby.

So that means I have to work today. As you'll know if you've been following this blog, I've had some distraction/procrastination issues. Alas, I have no more time left to let myself be distracted, or to lollygag, so sniffling, sneezing, watering eyes and coughing notwithstanding, today I will write. It might not be the most delightful work I've ever produced (in fact, I know it won't be), but I can and will fix it later.

I do plan to have an "every man for himself" dinner night, though. Not only do I lack the energy and will to cook, it could be a side helping of germs for all if I did.

No comments: