Friday, August 19, 2005

The Brothers Cat....

Now not only am I starting a new novel, I've got two new kitties at my house! Our dear old cat passed away at the end of June, so today we went to get a new kitty and we couldn't bear to separate two brothers. Eeky, our 12-year-old female cat, is upstairs sleeping and generally ignoring what's afoot in the laundry room. That's where we've put Luis and the Count until Eeky can get used to them.

This meant I didn't get to my writing until after dinner, but that was okay because there was a MAJOR thunderstorm this afternoon. Instead, I read. I'm rereading the book that made me want to become a romance writer, THE WOLF AND THE DOVE by Kathleen Woodiwiss. What a great way to spend an hour or two on a rainy day!

The break had an unexpected bonus: I came up with a solution to a plot problem involving the timing of relaying some information. I figured out when and how to do that, which was a relief.

Last night, I came up with an idea for another scene. I know exactly where it should come in to the story, which is always a bonus! And I now know that there's another bit of information the heroine will have to have before I get to that scene.

Of course, it would be good if I could have these scene ideas when I'm not trying to fall asleep, but the muse comes when she will....

No comments: