Tuesday, March 10, 2009

First Draft Sprint - I feared it was too good to last

Well, that's a bit dramatic for what happened as I was reading through the manuscript of the First Draft Sprint. I got to Chapter 18 (out of 24) and realized that what happens in a scene should come later, probably much closer to the end.

Unfortunately, that means that everything from the original place of that bit to where it finally shows up will need some serious revising, because the emotions are going to be different.

On the other hand, that didn't happen until Chapter 18. Whoo hoo!

Overall, after the first one hundred pages, I'm writing more and more revision notes, meaning more work. That's par for the course, though. Unless I find more drastic changes from this point to "The End," I'm thinking this method just might work for me.

1 comment:

Amy Ruttan said...

I'm quite impressed with this first draft sprint. Thanks for sharing your process with schmucks like me. LOL.

Now, come over to Twitter. Muwahahaha. ;)