Tuesday, May 22, 2007

How an author slowly drives herself to chocolate....

Yesterday, I just about went nuts looking for a research book. It's my "go-to" book about King John, meaning it's my first source for information.

I was frothing at the mouth, where could it be? I just had it last week! going nuts. I searched high, I searched low. I looked in every room, the newspaper recycling box, even the bed (because I've woken up sleeping on a pen before). I was not a happy writer.

I was also sure the cover was blue. SURE!

So I decide to blog about my missing book. I look on Amazon for the exact title. I knew it had King John and "interpretations" in it. It's actually "KING JOHN: NEW INTERPRETATIONS", edited by S.D. Church, who's also the man behind another key research book I use, THE HOUSEHOLD KNIGHTS OF KING JOHN.

You will notice, as did I, that the cover is not, in fact, blue; it's red. I turn to look in my book shelves and there, not two feet from me, is...you guessed it. KING JOHN: NEW INTERPRETATIONS.

Oh, geez!

I blame having too much else going on. Also confusing it with FROM DOMESDAY BOOK TO MAGNA CARTA 1087-1216 by A.L. Poole (another really good research book, by the by.)

And now, I think I need more chocolate....while reading about King John.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe, I've had days like that! Chocolate is definitely the cure :)

Leah Braemel said...

LOL, yeah, been there, done that, Margaret - and it's embarrassing if anyone witnesses it.

As Bonnie says, chocolate is definitely the cure!

Margaret Moore said...

As we say around here, if it'd been a snake, it'd have bit me! I have my O'Henry waiting!