Saturday, December 02, 2006

And so it begins....

Last night I dreamt my editor phoned me to discuss THE NOTORIOUS KNIGHT. She didn't sound happy. She sounded as if I needed to get lots of paper to write many notes. So I said, "Just a minute. Let me get some paper." And then the phone went dead.

Ahhhhhh!

In other news, I woke up to snow on the ground. It's beginning to look somewhat like Christmas! Last year at this time, I did what I always do: take a day to hit the mall and finish the shopping in one fell swoop. I made at least two trips to the car before my final pass through a big department store. I bought at least ten big candles -- and lemme tell ya, that was one heavy bag! I'd also bought a deep fryer that was too big to fit into a bag, so I had to carry it under one arm. And a rug, which fit on top of the deep fryer under my arm. I had to exit the store through the jewelry department, trying valiantly not to knock anything over. By the time I got to the door, I was really sweating.

Then I stepped out into a blizzard that had started while I was in the store.

So I get into my car and drive to the mall exit. To discover the traffic lights aren't working.

I finally negotiate my way out and turn onto the next major street on the route home. Construction. It's down to one lane. In a blizzard. I shake my head.

At last I arrive home. It's about four in the afternoon. I'm tired, disheveled, feel like something the cat done dragged in on a rough day.

To find a message from agent. About a new contract. And voila, I am not tired anymore.

This year, as I'm under contract, that won't happen. But it sure would be nice to get a call from my editor saying, "It's great. You don't have to change a thing."

Maybe I should write Santa about it....

No comments: