Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Just when I think I'm organized....

It never fails. I really ought to know by now. Just when I think I have all my ducks in a row, something messes it up. I got work from New York to do, but here I am thinking, no problem. I'm at a good point to take a break in the work-in-progress. Actually, I was at a point where a break and some time planning the next few scenes was necessary. So, great, thinks I. Plus, the kids are back to class, and knowing this work from NY was coming, I cleared the decks of other business.

But then...the gods laughed. I discovered that the jpg of the cover my publisher had sent for a reissue was an "old" version. I had to then change all the pages on my website with the "old" cover to the "new" cover. I had an email from the PR department asking for some information that raised a few questions, so I had to write some emails trying to get some answers. Then Luis got up on the china cabinet and broke a crystal candy dish. Shattered it, really. I had some major vacuuming to do, and our vacuum gets hot. REALLY hot. And it was already stinkin' hot, so by the time I was finished that, I needed a drink. Not alcohol, because I'm not much with the alchohol, but a C2 Coke, my beverage of choice these days.

Good thing I'd already decreed it was an "every man for himself" dinner night, 'cause I'm spent....

No comments: