Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Help for Katrina Victims....

We've sent a donation to the Red Cross to help the Katrina victims, but I wanted to do more, and thanks to the web and bloggers, I've found a way. I just spoke to a rep of the Salvation Army in Baton Rouge to confirm details.

They need toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, feminine hygiene products, diapers, soap, underwear, towels and blankets. Mark your donation "Katrina Disaster Relief" and send to
Salvation Army
7361 Airline Highway
Baton Rouge, LA 70805
The phone number is 225-355-4483.

They will be very grateful. (I teared up talking to the fella on the phone.)

In other news, I live beside the laneway to a public school, so I've been watching the parade of kiddies and parents go by as I worked. Ah, the memories.

No comments: