Wednesday, January 05, 2011

New Year off to quite the start....

I hope you all had a lovely holiday. For me, the excitement began when we got home from the cottage to learn that one of my children is moving across the continent. Great opportunity for him, probably should have taken down the tree before we left rather than the day after getting that news.

The next night we had a family crisis with an elderly parent. All is well for now, thankfully, but nobody wants to get that kind of 3 a.m. wake-up call.

So, that was the first three days of 2011 for me. I'm almost afraid to wonder what the rest of the year might bring!





The North Shore of Lake Erie in Winter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Over the years, I've come to operate on the theory of "Nothing is so bad but what it couldn't be worse". Each time I've thought that things couldn't get any worse, they did, so better to think that things aren't so bad after all.

Where is your son moving? At least you'll have an excuse to go see that part of the world. (See, looking on the bright side.)

My year almost started with a car wreck, but I saw the guy just in time (he ran a red light), and managed to stop.

The dogs and I have been on two walks so far this week, celebrating the kids' return to school. Monday's walk was two hours, which was a bit much, so we didn't walk yesterday. I had to buy a new pedometer, because my old one is lost. Today's walk was a hair over three miles.

We had rain for Christmas, which isn't as photogenic as snow, but warmer.

Rosemary

Margaret Moore said...

Sorry, I don't think I should give more details re Son until he gives me the ok. Glad to hear you were on the ball and didn't get hit by a car!

I went for a long walk today, too. Not too windy, thank goodness.