Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland

Like most folks at this time of year, I've been busy with preparations for the holidays. And like every year, I seem to think I'm going to find time to write, only to discover that between the shopping, wrapping, baking and many phone calls, my writing time dribbles into nothing. I'm also trying to walk to keep off the holiday pounds. I haven't been completely successful at that, either, but I did get out yesterday and took these pictures.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everybody!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. It's been in the 70's here the past couple of days. I was out last night, trying to get pictures of the eclipse, but all I got to see were clouds. They moved in about 30 minutes before it was supposed to begin, and I finally gave up at 1:45. I got a few glimpses, but mostly a crick in my neck from looking up.

The week before Thanksgiving, I rescued a stray kitten (only 6 weeks old, poor thing), and was fostering it until either my vet or local humane society could take her. My vet called first, but when I took her in, we discovered she was positive for Feline Leukemia Virus, and was already starting to get sick. Sadly, the vet and I decided it would be best to go ahead and put her down.

I've catnapped one of my neighbor's cats, and had her spayed. I will do the rest over the next few months. I'm doing it as a favor to myself, mainly. Four intact females and an intact male that are allowed to run at large? Can you imagine the consequences?

Have a good Christmas.

Rosemary