Monday, May 29, 2006

Whew, baby, hotter 'n Hades!

Okay, so what's Mother Nature got against me? Last weekend, we nearly froze to death at the cottage. Now, it's hotter than Hades!

We went to see the new X-Men movie on the weekend. I do love Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Well, to be really precise, I love his back. That man has some muscular back! All my heroes have backs like that, at least in my mind. Alas, I didn't get to see much of it this time out. Otherwise, I enjoyed the movie. I would have liked a bit more about the big blue guy, though. My daughter had to give me his backstory later. And it was a good thing I'd been forewarned about staying to the end of the credits. That was in the first paragraph of one review, and I read no more. I've stopped reading reviews of movies I plan to see, because all too often they give away a key plot element. I hate when that happens in reviews of my books, and I really hate it when something "secret" is given away in the back cover copy. Fortunately, the latter's a rare event.

No comments: