Thursday, May 04, 2006

And later, perchance, to nap....

It's amazing what you can get done when you wake up before the sun rises. Because, yes, boys and girls, that is what happened today. This isn't unusual when I'm nearing a deadline. However, it's not worrying about the book that makes sleep elusive; it's all the other stuff I've been putting off because I've been working so intensely on the book.

So before 8 a.m. I'd had breakfast, read two newspapers, sent two faxes, filled out two forms, prepared other stuff to take to the bank and checked my email. I suspect come about 3 o'clock I'll be in a zombie-like trance, so I may just take a nap. But it feels good to have gotten some of the nagging "secretarial" work out of the way.

Right now, though, it's time for another cup of tea (and not decaf).

No comments: