1. Any time there's more than one romance author in a room, there will be a sharing of information. Romance authors are a generous bunch.
2. You never know when you might find a networking opportunity. I asked a woman waiting for a cab to the airport if she wanted to share. She agreed -- and turned out to be an executive editor at a major publishing house.
3. Editors are really reluctant to give a definitive "no" when somebody asks if they're looking for a particular type of story.
4. Harlequin has the best publisher swag. Okay, so I'm biased -- it's still true. Their tote bags are great.
5. There will always be changes in publishing. The best I can do is do what I do and keep calm about everything else.
5. I cannot wear heels anymore. Also, hotel lighting makes me look like a cast member of The Walking Dead.
7. When I see old friends, it doesn't matter how many years have passed since I've been in their company. It will seem like none.