Thursday, April 12, 2007

On a more positive note...


Despite the lousy weather (again, still -- spring, where art thou?) and a lousy start to the day (woke up at 4 a.m., lay awake till 5, got up, had breakfast, read the papers, went back to bed, nodded off, had wacky dreams...yargh), I have resolved to take a positive approach to the day.

Here's what's good about today:

I got white bread to make stuffing for a chicken, and have some left over, which means I had toasted white bread with my breakfast. Oh, the indulgence!

I got some nagging secretarial business out of the way. Not annoying in itself, but enough to be a bit of a distraction.

New episodes of Ugly Betty, Survivor and The Office tonight!

I'm well into the 300's of page numbers; the end is getting closer. Yes, I'll have plenty of revising to do, but realizing I'm on the downward slide is always exciting.

I'm reading a good book, because of a movie I got sucked into watching last week, called The Egyptian, which is also the title of a book by Mika Waltari. I'll blog about it more extensively when I'm finished, but this morning, there was a funny part. While I'm really enjoying it, this isn't a laff riot of a book, so that was a nice change.

Despite the weather, my folks are opening up the cottage right now! That means summer will be here soon, and a great, stress-free holiday at the cottage, lying in the hammock, eating homemade pies (not homemade by me, though -- even better!), reading and playing board games.

And now, while I'm on the downward slide, I still have a lot of plot elements to wrap up, so...better get at it!

No comments: